These are some simple instructions which will tell you how to create a QR code campaign that can be tracked once you have an account with Orange QR. There are a lot of features that you can pick when creating your QR code and by learning them you will be able to get more out of the QR codes you create.
To create a campaign and generate a QR Code go to the Generate QR Code page. Available campaigns are as follows:
Mobile Website QR Code Campaign
This set up enables you to create a campaign for any mobile website.
- Title – This field is used to identify the name of the campaign. Make them unique.
- URL – This is the URL of the landing page.
- Media Used – This is the print medium where the QR Code will be used on. It is used to compare responses from different print media. You can be more specific. For example on one campaign you can have Brand A Newspaper. On another you can have Brand B Magazine.
- Expire -This is an optional field that indicates when the campaign should expire. If a date is set, then anyone who scans the code will be redirected to a stand by page.
- Colour – You can specify the colour you want the QR Code to be in.
- Size – You can specify the size of the QR Code.
- Error correction – You can specify the error correction level you want the QR Code to be in.
**QR Code has error correction capability to restore data if the code is dirty or damaged. Four error correction levels are available for users to choose according to the operating environment. Raising this level improves error correction capability but also increases the amount of data QR Code size. To select error correction level, various factors such as the operating environment and QR Code size need to be considered. Level Q (Medium-high) or H (High) may be selected for factory environment where QR Code get dirty, whereas Level L (Medium) may be selected for clean environment with the large amount of data. Typically, Level M (Medium-low)(15%) is most frequently selected.**
Facebook Pages QR Code Campaign
This set up enables you to create a campaign for a Facebook Page. It requires the Facebook API to be set up under the API settings.
The application gathers data from Facebook and in order for this campaign to be created, the person creating this campaign must be the Page Administrator of that Facebook page.
If you are the page administrator, you must first link your account with Facebook. Once you’ve done that, supply your Facebook Page when submitting the form.
Smartphone QR Code Apps Campaign
This set up enables you to create a campaign for app stores. You need to supply the relevant URL for each app. The Default URL is required for those whose phones are not capable of running mobile apps.
You can create a campaign on behalf of a user by selecting the user from the drop down menu.
If you have the plugin, you can set the user to be able to view the analytics only and not create any more codes. The steps to do so are as follows:
-Create a user under Admin Task » » Users
-Login as this user and create a subuser under Admin Tasks » » Subusers
-Assign the subuser Read-Only permissions
-While logged in as the User, create a campaign and select the subuser in the drop down.
Logos on QR Codes
If supported on your server, you can create QR Codes with logos. Simply upload the logo, drag it to a desired spot then save the image.
Ensure it is scannable by many handsets and readers before using it on print!
QR Code Campaign Preferences
You have a set of options available when creating or editing a campaign. These include:
URL options- You can shorten your URL or use a Vanity URL. Vanity URL requires Mod_rewrite enabled on your server.
Email options- You can choose to have live email sent to your email address at regular pre-defined intervals. You can also have historic reports sent to you on a scheduled period. This requires the cron job to be set up.
QR Code Tracking options-
- You can turn on/off GPS tracking.
- You can track important URLs (Goal URLs) on your landing page website. Enter one URL per line.
- You can track the creative artwork used. Simply upload the image that will be used for the advert.
- You can know what the user did after they scanned your barcode. Insert the HTML tracking code in to the landing page source code. Insert it right before the closing <body/> tag. Insert it in to all the pages you anticipate the user will visit.
- You can run the QR Code campaign concurrently with other form of adverts. Use the special link provided to track the respective source of traffic.
You can sort your existing campaigns in to groups. To do so, go to Manage Campaigns. You will find all your existing campaigns on the left hand side of the form. Create a new group or pick an existing one from the right. Click on “Move Right” to move existing campaigns to the group.
Click on “Move Left” to remove a campaign from a group.
If you have any questions or need any help creating QR codes please hit the contact us menu item on the top of our website and email or give us a call. If you have not setup an account o start creating QR codes please click the button below to get started.Get an Account