QR codes can be used by almost anyone however the types of people who will really benefit from them are businesses using them in promotions. First off if you did not know QR code stands for Quick Response code. A quick response code is a bar code which is generated to interact with your smartphone when scanned with its camera. By placing QR codes on everything from business cards, billboards and promotion materials lots of businesses have been able to create a buzz with their marketing efforts.
In addition to most QR codes that bring you to a web url there are a few other kinds of QR codes.
The types of QR codes that are available to make are:
- Website QR Codes (which are traceable and can go to any web address)
- Contact Card QR Codes (when scanned enters your contact information into a phone)
- Calendar Event QR Codes (when scanned provides an events details, location, date and time)
- Phone QR Codes (when scanned brings up a phone number)
- Map Coordinate QR Codes(When scanned provide a GPS coordinates for phone navigation apps)
- Social Media QR Codes (Links to a social network profile)
- Wifi Network QR Codes (provides Wifi Network information)
There are many ways these different types of QR codes can be used. Subscribe to our blog and stay updated for more information on how to use QR codes for your business.